True Experience with Number76 Hair Salon

I had done sponsored beauty reviews where I am treated with tip top service to score a good review. These kind of special services are usually 'exaggerated' for a greater and more pleasing experience.

I've decided to write this one, a review for Number76, after having a personal, not sponsored experience with them.

picture courtesy of Cheeserland

Of course, we all heard of it. 'The best salon in town, the greatest for hair colouring, it's Number76!'
 After years of long and untamed hair, I have finally decided to chop off my purple ends and get a fresh new look. (I had outgrew my bleached, coloured and damaged hair for the longest time.) I've surveyed a few places such as Aizu, C.Michael, and I decided on Number76 as we all had seen their good skills and amazing products (includes bleaching) which protects the hair from deep within. My initial plan was to fully go blonde.

Honestly, their prices weren't that much of a difference. They were pretty much the same + - as stated in their services. This is why I've pick Number76 as their technology should do better for a healthier bleach.

Number76 Calvin was my pick as my stylist. I've seen his work and it looked real promising! In fact, he had done blonde with some other customer and that was exactly what I wanted, hence I went to him. 

As I arrive, they brought me to my seat and gave me a selection of teas or coffees which came along with a little cookie. Calvin was real busy with other customers, so he only briefly spoke to me. I quickly explained on what I wanted and he started right away by giving me a rough cut and moved on with the bleaching process. The whole Number76 team basically was taking care of me and my hair throughout.

I could not recall how long the bleaching took, but I would say almost an hour +-. Number76 takes priority on scalp care, so they sprayed on a protective layer on my scalp before the bleach. Even so, it was still painful af.. lol



Well guys, as you could see in the picture I did not go blonde but ash grey. The whole reason was because the pink dye (from ages ago) on my hair was so stubborn and it wouldn't shed off even after the bleach. I guess, pink is really my favourite colour after all. #BFF

Because of this, Calvin had to do some colour chemistry and decided on ash blue (which will turn to ash grey after dyeing on brassy bleached hair) Initially, I was thinking 'OK la, since the pink doesn't want to shed, we go pastel pink or purple lo? or maybe rose gold'. But he was like, 'You haven't tried cool colours before right? So we should try Ash.'  I'm like, 'Ok, sure, I like trying new things!'


Final Verdict!

I'm happy that Number76 gives good recommendations! But I was a little disappointed that Calvin did not check my scalp condition before starting on the bleaching process.. (This is why it hurts guys, my scalp was hyper sensitive T_T)

My whole session took about 6 hours and I'm glad it wasn't a restless one since the ambience was great and the team was nice! They got my tea and cookie constantly refilled.

I could see that Calvin was worried about my scalp and he gave me a few satches of the L'oreal Kerastase shampoo,which was for my concerned scalp to take home and a RM20 voucher.



Overall, it was a great experience. My hair is still silky, smooth and looking healthier than ever even after it went through all the damage!





Comments